Fw: solid vs vented rotors

<x-charset iso-8859-1>OR, believe it or not, you can actually get the 9.4" vented rotor calipers
and put the FULL thickness pads in them.  I did this on my Rabbit and I
didn't have to do anything else, just calipers and rotors.  Works good!!
Rabbits, through, are pretty over braked already with the non-vented rotors
unless you are racing or have some 200+ hp motor in it.  That is why I put
the 10.1" rotors and calipers on from a 16v, so I can be OVERLY braked!!!!
So, I have the 9.4" calipers available dirt cheap if anyone wants them.  And
they came off of a vented rotor system so you can put the thick pads in and
they will last you forever.  In my Rabbit, I think that the pads lasted me a
year and a half and when I swapped for the bigger brakes, they were half
used! (which are still in the calipers, VGX metallic pads).  HTH!!

Dave