Traffic flow (was Re: Slipping belts?)

Dude, I feel your pain.  After driving in Germany for three years and
returning to the States, this is especially frustrating for me.  I live
in Utah and the traffic flow is horrible!  It doesn't help that tractor
trailers hang out in the middle lane, making the 3 lane interstate into
a 2 lane interstate.  When there is a lotta traffic, all three lanes are
moving at the same speed.  This is why 'no speed limit' will NEVER work
in this country.  Point A to Point B is all that matters.  Screw
everyone else.  Amazing.

-Mike