Re: Wierd noise at 3K-4K

> > Ok, so i have an 88 16v stock engine.
> > Recently when i am between 3 and 3 thousand RPM i
> get this
> > horrible noise that sounds like metal vibrating
> against something. I
> > checked all my heat shields and the cat, and they
> were all tight.
> > Does anyone have any other ideas?
> > My worst thought is that this might be a symptom
> of the dread self
> > machining tranny syndrome, thoughts from anyone?

Does the whole car shake? This is happening to me now,
I took a look under the car and my rear mount is
totally fucked! It's broken in half. But for me it
only happens in first and sometimes in second gear.
That reminds me, I gotta change it this weekend. :)

Does this make sense?

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
Scirocco 86' 8v