Fw: Sort of Non-Roc: Charging problem

<x-charset iso-8859-1>The WHOLE harness in the car is from a 89 (actually late 88) 16v Scirocco.
The alternator is new and the battery is new.  I have atleast 5 ground
straps including one from the alternator to the block.  The gauge that I am
using is a vdo gauge and it dips to 12.0v with headlights on, and fan on
low.  The gauge is a little off because of where it is wired into the system
but still shows the drop in the system.  When the car is started it charges
around 14+ v., but once you drive it awhile, it dips down to 12.0v.  Was
wondering if I should stick the adjustable regulator in that I have and just
crank it up a little?  Any help is appreciated!!

Dave