From: pm@onramp.net
Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 2:59 PM
To: vwnuts@yahoo.com
Cc: A1SCIROCCO@aol.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Electric Super Charger. IS IT worth the money?

Don't do it! PVW magazine and The Golf ran ads for one of these sold
under a different name in Europe. One of the magazines dyno tested it
and it showed a 1-2 hp advantage near redline I believe. It wasn't
enough of a difference to really tell if it had any effect. I'll see if
I can find the article at home, but the magazine refuses to run ads for
them anymore b/c it can't endorse the product.

Philip
96 GTI VR6
80 Scirocco 1.7L

Anthony Pelletier wrote:

> I don't know-- It sounds like a fancy hair drier to me
> : )
>
> try hooking up a leaf blower--that might work just use
> gas or a reeeaaaly long extension cord
> seriously,
> if you do get one and you like let us know.  I
> wouldn't mind an extra 15hp for $300
> Tony
>
> --- A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:
> > I found a electric supercharger today for sale at a
> > price of 310.00 bucks.
> > Not bad if what they claim as a 5-15hp gain
> > depending on the engine mods is
> > true.  It is a 700 watt, 50 AMP Axial-Flow
> > Compressor putting out 3lbs of
> > thrust @ 750 CFM.  Is this any good if craving some
> > more power and this seem
> > like a good way to go. Any thoughts, comments?
> >

> > Matt
> > '84 2.0 8v
> >
> > --
> > Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> > unsubscibe send

Messages are scanned and cleaned by Sophos AntiVirus Software!