Re: Ticket-cops suck

Just out of curiosity, if cops never leave you alone, how come this was
your first ticket?  Do you have a really nice smile, or what's the story?

My first ticket was received for running a stop sign (three of them
actually, but fortunately the officer only cited me once).  The vehicle?
My rust-dusty brown ATB.  Otherwise known as a mountain bike (you know,
the multi-speed pedal/chain drive kind?)  Not only was I forced to pay
$85, but also gained demerit points which resulted in an increased
insurance rate when we went to insure our first car (1980 Rabbit) a few
months later. Needless to say I was not impressed.  I was even less
impressed when 4 months later I was cited for failure to stop for an AMBER
(yeah, the yellow one) light in said Rabbit.  Never mind the fact that two
to three times a week I have to stop on a green light for the mentally
challenged individual who figures that red light doesn't apply to HIM.

These citations have taught me two valuable lessons:

1) don't flagrantly disobey the law, especially in the presence of law
enforcement officers
2) pay careful attention to number 1) when you're at all likely to be the
target of some kind of discrimination from said enforcement officers (ie
a "poor" college student diving a beater car)

Drew

84 Wolfsburg

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Lee Folkman wrote:

> i am so pissed off....got my first freakin' ticket.....got stopped by a
> stupid campus cop for doing 45 in a 25 zone...it's not like i was doing
> anything stupid or anything, just trying to get to class.  I couldn't help
> it, the car just wanted to go.  man i hate cops, they never leave me alone.
> i guess i should consider myself lucky though, since i was going around a
> corner, else he would've nailed me at 55 possibly.  it's too bad he spelled
> volkswagen right....Oh well.
>

> Lee Folkman
> '84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v
> '82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca