(Non-Roc) Another Reason to Hate Jane Fonda

 This was forwarded to me, and I thought it may be of interest.

Subject:        FW: Another Reason to Hate This Bitch!

 Subject: Hanoi Jane
 Date: Wednesday, 6 October 1999 13:41

  Looks like Hanoi Jane may be honored as one of the "100 Women of the
 Century".  JANE FONDA remembered?  Unfortunately many have forgotten
  and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed
  not only the idea of our "country" but the men who served and
  sacrificed during Vietnam.
 There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Jane
  Fonda's participation in what I believe to be blatant treason, is one
  of them.  Part of my conviction comes from exposure to those who
  suffered her attentions.  The first part of this is from an F-4E
 pilot.  The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.  In 1978,  the
Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a former POW in Ho Lo Prison-the
"Hanoi Hilton".

 Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed
  in clean PJs, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American
 "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received.
  He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away.  During the
  subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp Commandant's feet,
 accidentally pulling the man's shoe off-which sent that officer berserk.

  In '78, the AF Col still suffered from double vision (which
  permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col's frenzied
  application of wooden baton.

>From 1983-85, Col Larry Carrigan was the 347FW/DO (F-4Es).  He spent
  6 years in the "Hilton"-the first three of which he was "missing in
  action".  His wife lived on faith that he was still alive.  His group, too,
got the cleaned/fed/clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation"
visit.  They, however, had time and devised a plan a  tiny piece of paper,
with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand.  When paraded before Ms. Fonda
and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking
little encouraging snippets like:
  "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the
 humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this
 HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.  She
 took them all without missing a beat.  At the end of the line and
 once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the
  POWs, she turned to the officer in charge...and handed him the little pile.

  Three men died from the subsequent beatings.  Col Carrigan was almost
  number four.  For years after their release, a group of determined
  former POWs Including Col Carrigan, tried to bring Ms. Fonda and
 others up on charges of treason.  I don't know that they used it, but
  the charge of "Negligent Homicide due to Depraved
  Indifference" would also seem appropriate.  Her obvious "granting of
  aid and comfort to the enemy", alone, should've been sufficient for
  the treason count.  However, to date, Jane Fonda has never been
  formally charged with anything and continues to enjoy the privileged
  life of the rich and famous.  I, personally, think that this is shame
 on us, the American Citizenry.  Part of our shortfall is ignorance:
  most don't know such actions ever took place.  Thought you might
  appreciate the knowledge.  Most of you've probably already seen this
 by now...only addition I might add to these sentiments is to remember the
  satisfaction of relieving myself into the urinal at some airbase or
  another where  "zaps" of Hanoi Jane's face had been applied.

 To whom it may concern:

 I was a civilian economic development advisor in Viet Nam, and was
 captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Viet Nam in
 1968, and held for over 5 years.  I spent 27 months in solitary
  confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black
  box" in Hanoi.  My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and
  murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me
  Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian
  border.  At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs.  (My
 normal weight is 170 lbs.)  We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."
 When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp
 communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane
 Fonda.  I said  yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment
we POWs
  were receiving, which was far different from the treatment purported
  by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as "humane and
  lenient."  Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my
  knees with outstretched arms with a piece of steel placed on my
 hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane every time my arms dipped.

  I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours
  after I was released.  I asked her if she would be willing to debate
 me on TV.  She did not answer me, her former husband, Tom Hayden,
 answered for her.  She was mind controlled by her husband.  This does
  not exemplify someone who should be honored as "100 Years of Great Women."

  After I was released, I was asked what I thought of Jane Fonda and
  the anti-war movement.  I said that I held Joan Baez's husband in
  very high regard, for he thought the war was wrong, burned his draft
 card and went to prison in protest.  If the other anti-war protesters
  took this same route, it would have brought our judicial system to a
  halt and ended the war much earlier, and there wouldn't be as many on
 that somber black granite wall called the Vietnam Memorial.  This is
  democracy.  This is the American way. Jane Fonda, on the other hand chose
to be a traitor, and went to Hanoi, wore their uniform, propagandized for the
communists,
 and urged American soldiers to desert.  As we were being tortured, and some
of the POWs murdered, she called us liars.  After her heros-the North
Vietnamese communists-took over South Vietnam, they systematically murdered
80,000 South Vietnamese political prisoners.  May their souls rest on her
head forever.  Shame!  Shame!  ( History is a heavy sword in the hands of
those who refuse to forget it.  Think of this the next time you see Ms.
Fonda-Turner at a Braves game).

  Please take the time to read and forward to as many people as you
 possibly can.  It will eventually end up on her computer and she
  needs to know that "we will never forget".  Lest we forget..."100
  years of great women" Jane Fonda should never be considered.