Re: Atlanta Emissions Testing

ferret100@juno.com wrote:

> I really don't know about Atlanta specifically, but...
<stuff from the wrong end of the crap pipe deleted.>
> If anyone has any more input, please add...
>
> B.
>
> '82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
> '85 Jetta

Dude,

I think your are incorrect. Nothing personal though.

California says that if you swap an engine into a car the WHOLE THING
must pass as if it was what ever year is the later year. You must make
your car pass '99 emissions standards if you put a '99 engine in your
'78 Scirocco. OK?

>From my rapidly diminishing pool of knowledge is that there is a Gross
Polluter status cars can get on if they repeatedly fail to pass, it
means you get scrutinized much more often and can only get a smog test
passed at certain stations.

HTH,
TBerk