Re: Atlanta Emissions Testing

John Lomack wrote:

> From: John Lomack <johnlomack@yahoo.com>
>
> Now that I know for sure there is at least one
> Atlanta, GA denizen on the list, I have a question
> about emissions testing required in the Atlanta area.
> I am contemplating a move there and I am concerned
> about whether my venerable '83 GTI will make the
> grade.  Still an excellent runner, but I have doubts
> about the effectiveness of the emissions control
> system.  The odometer stopped at about 81,000 miles
> ten years ago.  Even if I am conservative on my
> mileage estimates, the little beast has about 150,000
> miles, or three times the warrantee for the emissions
> system.
>
> If it busts the test, will I have to expend vast sums
> to bring it up to spec?
>
> What standard does it have to meet; 1984 or 1999?
>
> Thanks in advance.

that's a tough call....
 As far as I know, everything was fine before Emissions, and I suppose you
can guess where
the cars that don't pass Emissions go....?
  Doesn't mean they can't pass.....or can't be made to pass....

 Emissions seems to be different everywhere you go....
  Maryland had auto inspection.....all functional car parts that were
important....that's all I
 remember about them, but that was back in 87-88.....

   As long the the car doesn't huff and puff and leave you wheezing.....I
don't see what the
problem is, also the long smoke trails you see when you aren't in a fighter
plane....but
rather driving in a car....

   I would go into a little more depth, but I believe someone or one's would
like me to be very
very quite right now......my webpage might give you some clues why....

 |   Etop Udoh     | SOUTHERN POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY [89-##]     |
 |  P.O. Box 4234  |  Http://www.mindspring.com/~s_druid               |
 |  Marietta, Ga   |  Http://www.freeyellow.com/members7/sdruid        |
 |     30061       |  Http://www.homestead.com/~s_druid/files/index.htm|
 |-----------------|  Http://sdruid.iwarp.com                          |
 |                 |  Http://s_druid.home.mindspring.com               |
 |                 |  Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122  |
 |                 |  Http://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid       |
 |    *** s_druid@mindspring.com *** s_druid1@hotmail.com ***          |
 | Hey Americans, where are your "REAL" TV Camera's for the TRUTH      |