Scirocco sighting

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I just remembered a sighting from the good old days.  Any snowboarders out
there?

Back around 1988, Burton Snowboards had World Champion Craig Kelly under
contract.  He used to drive to all the mountains in his '84 (I think,
possibly an '82) Scirocco.  The video I used to watch had him bowling at
speed (a non-league highway no doubt) on the way to Colorado and another
time getting pulled over for speeding and offering the cop some of their
leftover doughnuts.  The cop is some old badass, and responds "no thanks
son, I just put in a chew."  Great stuff.

Anywho...

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI