[not 100% Scirocco related] Re: MP3 in my Scirocco

<x-charset iso-8859-1>my MP3 CD-player for the Scirocco ( & home use) cost me 550DM here,
thats roughly $300
a standard CD-ROM is built in,
but you could also put in a DVD drive,
and get even more MP3's on one disc,
as the unit is DVD-compatible...
It's compatible with ATAPI CD driver,
CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-ROM
it detects CD digital audio or MP3 automatically.
it supports ISO 9660, Joliet & Romeo format CD's
and MP3 files with MPEG1 or MPEG2 layer.
Audio layer III except 256K bits/s and 320K bits/s
max playable songs up to 2200
max memorized songs up to 63
multi selectable playing mode as Single Shuffle,repeat
and Intro-Play mode.
Infra-red Remote Control with 31 keys,
2 regulated headphone outputs,
Cinch output level adjustable with remote control !
runs with 12 V direct current, adapter for 110/220V mains included.
As far as I have tested, it is quite shock-proof
and usable for use in a hard & lowered Scirocco.
design and display are not really sophisticated,
only the track-number is displayed and the case lacks of design.
here three pics of it :
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/mp3car.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/mp3car2.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/mp3car3.jpg

sorry if that post might have had not enough Scirocco-content
for some people on the list, but others might be as interested
to get MP3 working in their Sciroccos as I am..
...what solutions have other Scirocco drivers found so far ??

but to avoid annoying others
I would suggest to continue this thread on a private basis...

Thanks & Greetings
Dirk