Re: BIG water problem!!

Water problems; conventional wisdom re VWs-

1. MOst areas that collect water have a location. Here I go, it's only
what I have learned along the way.

1. Rear passenger foot wells; Doors have plastic seals that reside
behind the door panel. After previous owners or/ and speaker history
they don't keep the incoming rain flowing towards the drain holes in the
doors' bottoms.

2. Doors have drain holes, unblock them.

3. Front seat foot wells are most likely due to;

A; A/C exchanger unit in center console has blocked drain pathways and
pools passenger side,
B; Windshield gasket drips into cockpit during downpours, needs a
silicon sealant augmentation. Contact me directly, anyone who needs a
repost on A1 Windshield sealing.

4. Rain tray blockage of the down pipes will backwash into the cabin.
But all listers have done due diligence on this respect, haven't they?

5. Sun roof & real hatch exit tubes, have drainage problems if not kept
clear, see above for expectations.

hth,
I'm home late tonight and want the list to do well.