clutch problems?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>	I think my clutch is going bad, but I'm not sure to what degree it needs to
be fixed.  The symptoms are, if I try to really push the car, it feels like
somethings slipping, and also sometimes if I'm going up a hill, the same
feeling.  I've never had a clutch go bad before, but I'm guessing this is
it?
	So do I need to replace the whole shebang, or just do some adjustments, or?
I have a bentley waiting for me at home (just bought it, but havent had a
chance to look) so if all the nescessary info is in there, don't bother
giving me specifics.  Also I need to do my timing belt sometime...  is this
a fairly big project or could somebody with a little experience (my v-belt
escapade) and a lot of time (all winter) do a good job?

thanks,
Tim
'87  16v
'90  wrangler
'00  single dorm room, roomate failed out. ha!