Re: Fw: Transmission Toast?

--- Dave and Carol Ewing <dcewing@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I haven't heard of a VW trans being stuck in any gear but
> I have heard of a
> BMW 5speed stuck in 4th gear and the trans was toast.  I
> believe it is the
> sheer HEAT that makes them stick into one gear, probably
> spinning or cooking
> a bearing on the main shaft causing the shift forks to
> stick in one gear.

FWIW - this is the 2nd or 3rd VW tranny that I've heard of
getting locked into a gear.  Almost bought an '80 S with
that problem, but the car had been pretty picked over by
the time I got to it so it wasn't worth saving.  (Kinda
rusty too)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry