8v timing thanks

<x-flowed>Thank's goes out to all that sent in replys. I get the Scirocco running
Sunday. I was setting the timing marks at the wrong intersection of the main
pully and the pully that turns the distrubutor. A stock 8v can survive a
timing belt mishap and still be operational after installing a new one.
(Usually I'm never that lucky)

Now I have another problem. Th car has been sitting up for a while (3 1/2
weeks) and the fuse for the fuel pump blows after about 15 minutes of the
car running. It's almost as if there is more than the 15 amps of current
flowing through cause I was stranded and out of 15 amp fuses and pulled the
10 amp headlight fuse and stuck it on the fuel pump circuit in order to get
home (it was daytime luckily). That fuse blew faster and I still wasn't home
so I risked life and car and stuck a 20 amp fuse in there and drove home as
fast as I could shutting off the engine at every light.

Any ideas, anyone had this happen before?

Another question. Is there a gasket on the top half of the factory oil
cooler. Between the actual main assembly and the square (boxed) shaped part
that the oil filter screws up against? I have a pretty serious leak coming
from there and wonder if I can just replace the gasket to keep from leaking
so much oil.

TIA
Rob (almost done killing all the gremlins)