RE: 8v timing thanks

Speed Racer wrote:

>Now I have another problem.
>.... the fuse for the fuel pump blows after about 15
>minutes of the car running.

never happened to me, but check the connections on the fuel pump, If they
are grimey, clean them off and see if that helps. Go to the auto-store
and buy a large pack of 15Amp fuses.

>Another question. Is there a gasket on the top half of the
>factory oil cooler.

Yes, there is. Get a new one, from the dealer, or Potterman. To replace
it you have to 1) remove the oil filter 2) remove the heat exchanger/oil
cooler (by removing the 27mm nut that is in there) I didn't have to
remove any hoses when I did this, but it might help make some more room.
When putting the new one on there, the tiny tabs on the heat exchanger
go into the slots on the gasket. Installation is reverse of removal.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0