new zender roc! (with some questions)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
ok, so I am now the proud owner of a Zender Z400 kitted (wide body)
'86 roc!!!!  It's quite beautiful, but the mad max '83 is a bit jealous.....

This car was actually Norm Tallant's car, the one that was at roc'n the bay,
for those of you in attendance.  I ended up buying it for $2K (thanks
Norm!),
but it has some problems with it.
Driving it home, I found that it was pulling hard to one side on braking and
shifting.  Upon further examination, I discovered the point where the
rear lower control arm mount is welded to the chassis had broken free.
I seem to remember this subject coming up several months ago.  Did
anyone have a solution?  Can I just weld it back on and stick
a lower eurosport subframe on and call it a day?
Next, it's overheating like crazy.  Almost always near the max line, and
sometimes tripping the warning light.  I'm going to replace the fan switch
and
thermostat, as well as sticking some Water Wetter in.  Anything else I
should look towards for the overheating?  Does the water pump ever get
marginally worse, or does it just work or not work?
Also, for those of you who have this kit (Dale W. I think is the only one?),
what size wheels and tires are you running with what offset?  This car
has a heinous set of older SSR "swirly" tri-spoke three piece jobbers
that need to go as soon as possible.

tia!

Alex Ting
'86 Zender Z400
'83 Mad Max
'97 Ducati 748

Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
icq #19613213