Re: Beep, Beep

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 11:54:29PM -0500, Peterson/Doty wrote:
> Hey all-

>   My horn started honking today whenever I turned the wheel about 90 degrees
> either way

(snip)

> column caused by the signal/wiper mechanism.  Anyone dealt with this or have
> any thoughts?  I knew it had been too long since something had broken.  TIA

There are 3 little screws on the face of the steering column that vibrate
loose and back out. when they short agains the steerign wheel, the horn
honks.

You can make your horn  honk by putting a key between the colum and the
wheel to create a short. Really freaks out your friends.

Dan

--
Remember kids, if there's a loaded gun in the room, be sure
that you're the one holding it.