Re: Vacuum hose questions

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 12:35:55PM -0700, Brad Sheridan wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I was working on my car today, and noticed that there was a vacuum hose
> that was not connected to anything at one end. The hose in question is one
> of two that connects to the intake boot, just before the throttle body, on
> a 16V. One of these two goes to the passenger side of the engine
> compartment, this hose appears to be fine. The other hose goes to somewhere
> near the driver side front of the engine compartment, I think, but this end
> is disconnected. Does anyone know what this might go to? Does anyone know
> of any good diagrams of vacuum hose routing? I have a Bentley manual, but
> couldn't find a diagram for vacuum hoses in there.

IIRC, that hose operates the auxilliary air door that lets air from the
preheat muff over the exhaust manifold to be inducted into the engine when
it is cold. It should connect to black plastic intake duct that mounts in
the drivers side front just below the airbox. 'course, mine is removed and
there is now a cap over that vaccum tap, so this is based on a 2 year old
memory.

Dan