bought a real cheap GTX ! [long]

Hello listers,

just bought another Scirocco GTX,
it has 105.000 miles, the engine runs great,
suspension, tranny, clutch, electrics are in
excellent condition.
the body needs a bit of work, absolutely no rust but
the roof is for some strange reason very dull
and full of tiny scratches, the rest of the paint is O.K.
some smaller dings in the doors and the rest of the body.
The body kit ( first GTX series ) has some flaws too.

I paid 300DM for it ( thats $160 )  !!   :-)

and the tank was filled more than half, :-)
thats great, regarding our fuel price
( 0.92US$ per litre, thats 3.5$ per gallon )

of course it has Euro-bumpers and Euro lights too,
a Kamei grille and a Kamei grille spoiler, but
I'm NOT going to part it - NO WAY !! :-)

if you want to look at what I bought you can try
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/gtx.htm
and you will know why I'm a happy camper now,
as used cars in this condition aren't that cheap here usually.
It's from a buddy of mine, who is an engineer at Audi,
responsible for suspension setup for TT's and other
models, he simply lost interest in the Roc and wanted to trash it.

So I saved this car from the yard,
I have currently no idea what to do with it in the long run,
as I want to continue driving my real GTX ( black cat ) of course.
maybe I put it in a shed and use it as a spare car or project car
later ( convertible ?? )

When driving this new GTX, that has about half the mileage
of my "black cat" it was very different from what I was used to :
I realized that shifting can be so easy,
the motor runs soo smooth, the seats are so stiff, no noises
or vibrations,
I just got used too much to the things that got worse and worse
a bit in those 16 years that my old GTX is on the road now.
So it's time to renew much things on this car to obtain the
feeling again !

more than enuff said !!
Dirk
( happy owner of two black GTX now ! )