SV: Re: firing order.

The hall sender is possible to buy as a spare part and replace.
You have to remove the distributor from the car to do it, or at
least to do it good.

It comes with new lock rings and everything you need. There are
two sizes on the electrical connection so make shure you get the
right size.

> From what I've heard on this list, trying to repair the Hall
sender is
> somewhat of a PITA, but it is doable. I believe Roland J.
mentioned
> something about VW selling a repair kit, but he's in Sweden,
so I'm
> uncertain on availability in the US (you're in the US,
right?).

> I've also heard of people soldering the wires back on, with
good results.

> Anyway, it would involve taking out the distributor, then
repairing it,
> and (of course) installing the fixed distributor. If you can
get a hold
> of a working distributor at a low cost, it might be worth it
to you to
> just swap the whole thing (less downtime, less headache, etc.)
That's
> the way I would go, but I also have a bunch of junkyards
around to seek