Re: firing order.

One last thing- the gears on
> the bottom of the Dist. are cut at an angle, slipping it back in will
> cause it to rotate right at the point it settles in, take this into
> account when 1st aligning it.
    This is why I think it's easier to do this on a 16v, the dist. doesn't
use a gear drive like the 8v. It's a straight drive off the cam and doesn't
turn when you pull or reinstall it. I believe the original post referred to
a 16v. Not sure if the same hall sender is used on both distributors though.
I'd consider replacing the entire unit if it has high miles if only to avoid
the inevitable oil leak.
    Gerry