Re: Stumper. WTF. New one to me. Anyone?

Mark Madison wrote:

> my current 85 gti HAD a cut off problem in the fuel
> system.  somehow the fuel pump would cut off
> from time to time.. but it also affected at startup.
> don't know if that is similar to what you have but its
> worth looking into.  it was my fuel pump that was
> going out.  replaced it and now its fixed.

Memories.. I had an '85 GTI, and it too had fuel problems.  The
thing would just die in traffic.  I'd have to let it sit for
anywhere from 2 minutes to a half hour before it would restart.
I never did bother to get it fixed.. it died on my twice on the
way to trading it in... :>  Heard later that there was some kind
of recall <?> on something in the fuel system (pump?) but don't
remember the details nor whether my source was reliable or not.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA