Re: Engine identification problem

from the info that i have in front of me, and from what you're
describing, i'd have to say that your engine code is JF, which was first
seen in the US in the 1981 rabbit.  it had 65 hp, and had a displacement
of 1715cc, with a bore and stroke of 79.5 x 86.4mm.

	that is about the extent of my knowledge on the topic.  hth!

jason
the mad bastard