Re: Hey no one has gotten back to me

At 12:39 AM 5/9/99 -0400, Fly996@aol.com wrote:
> Look i know i am only a teen ager but i am trying really hard to get my car
>as nice as i can before i have to move out on my own.   I dont know much
>about cars and i figured that with VW known for there high matenence  i
would
>learn a lot.

Well, I don't think they are any more hight maintenance than other cars on
the road.

 I would just like to know what to check first with my lost
>power.  Every time i step on the gas it takes about two sec. to hear it and
>see my tach rise

First thing that would help you now and in the future would be to buy the
Bentley manual.  These things are great.  If you can's afford/don't want to
spend that much then there are some floating around on eBay often.
According to Bentley it could be:
air leaks-how are you injector o-rings?
injector nozzles not delivering uniform quantities- while checking these
you can check your o-rings
fuel distributor faulty-uggh hope not
cold start valve leaking-pull it off when engine is warm(and running)
shouldn't be anything coming out
"engine warm"control pressure incorrect-let's hold off on this one
idle mixture incorrectly adjusted- do you have a long 3mm hex wrench?
and as was mentioned earlier, timing could be a problem-do you have, and
know, how to use one?
If you have any questions on the procedures to do these just email back.  I
personally would check the timing and mixture, but the o-rings could
definately be a problem, as they often are when they get old.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (now under deconstruction)
 '81  Scirocco- Soon to be 2.0 16V
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)