How To Clean Up Old Rims

     I've got a set of used 15" rims that I want to throw on the
rocco (five spoke from a 92 Passat). There is a heavy build up of
crud on them, especially on the back side, and in the crevices on
the front, and around the weights.   Some of the clear coat is going
funky.  Is it possible to remove the paint and have them repainted
and clear coated?  Or is is better just to work at it with a
polishing tip on the old dremel tool?  I was thinking of
sandblasting so they would get an even finish before painting.

Sean Martin
87 8v