Re: G60 Questions, Boost kick in, (Long)(for a rocco)

This sounds like a KICKASS idea. I've seen turbo/supercharger kits for MR2's, but
never for a VW : )
    As far as dealing with predetonation, have you thought about trying to graft
in Saab APC? That would be really cool... I think some listmembers were talking
about it awhile back. APC supposedly monitors turbo boost, ignition timing, engine
load, emissions, and maybe a couple other things, and automatically adjusts fuel
mixture, ignition timing and turbo boost for optimum power/mpg. My ex gf has a
Saab 900 Turbo 16v, and it's neat to notice how the higher octane gas you put in
it, the higher the turbo will boost. This because the car is sensing preignition
and not allowing the boost to go above a certain level when you run low octane. It
runs fine on 87, but it's a lot faster on 93 (yet another case where higher octane
= more power, indirectly).
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '87 QSW