Re: Q's

1. Yup. When your oxy sensor goes bad, your car runs at full rich,
sending all kinds of unburned hydrocarbons out the tailpipe (and
clogging up the cat). 2. Yes, I've had this happen. Check under the hood
on the driver's side where there are two hoses going into the firewall,
one a couple of inches above the other, both the same diameter (about
1.5"). The top one should have a little valve on it, operated by the
wire that comes from your heater controls. You can try manually closing
it (you can figure out which way is closed by moving the heater controls
inside the car and seeing what difference it makes under the hood, and
then moving it ALL the way in the cold direction). If this doesn't work,
you probably have a bad valve that is letting hot water through the
heater core even when the valve is shut off all the way. Take it out and
look at it - it's very simple. Be prepared for the antifreeze spills
that you'll get - put something under the car to catch it. You won't
spill a LOT, but you will have to top off your coolant. The valves are
like $10 at the dealer.
3. Yes that's the cat. They're small.
    Good luck!
    -Josiah