Re: 16V In Accident For Sale

---Norman Tallant <takhisis@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Well, the enemy insurance co has given me their verdict:
>

> They've offered me what they call 50% of it's value, which is US $1700
> and change.  Plus my car.  Sounds kind of fucked to me, but if I can
> sell it's remains then it won't be too bad.

Sounds a little on the low side, but not by much especially if you get to
keep the car.

> It's now got about 105K miles, and it doesn't have Bilsteins.  The
> drivers side fender and door are dented up, that's the good news...the
> front drivers side tire is pulled back maybe an inch and tilted at a
> wrong angle.  Other than that, the car is in darn good condition and
> drives very fast indeed.  I live in an apartment complex, so I can't
> store it and part it out.  I live in Fremont, CA...and that's where the
> car is too.

You can always pull some of the more desirable parts and store them for
future sale:

-Intake manifolds (drivers side intakes needed for a1 16v conversions)
-Cylinder head
-Distributor
-Close ratio Transaxle
-Half-shafts, Alternator, Radiator, etc... (in case you get another VW)
-10.1 front brake calipers and pad carriers
-Rear brake calipers, pad carriers, maybe the spindles too
-Unharmed doors
-Body kit parts
-Grille
-Interior pieces in good shape (uncracked dash?, gauge cluster)
-CIS-E & Knock sensor computers and wiring harnesses
-16v Tail lights
-Fuel mixture/Air flow sensor unit
-etc...

A lot of this stuff is not very big, but most of it would really pack
a closet, or a storage locker...just a thought.

good luck.

==Brett