Re: 16V In Accident For Sale

Screw that!  Unless they decide that it is your
fault... Hell - even if it isn't!  I am not sure what
your insurance covers, all values differ depending...

your fault:
If you have - liability only, and it is your fault,
you get ZIP
If you have lia. & collision - you get the FULL value
of your car, minus your deductible, and your rates go
up.

His fault:
You get 100% of the value of the car.  Period.
His insurance company will try to screw you any way
possible.. for that matter, yours will too.

You only owned it for 4 months?  take the cancelled
check, receipt, registration, whatever you have that
shows the purchase price and MAKE THEM PAY IT ALL -
screaming, ranting & raving & throwing coffee machines
at their offices gets RESULTS

Now, if you want to keep the car, you buy the salvage
title from the insurance company - it should only be
around 500$.  I am 90% sure they have to offer it to
you before they can offer it to a junkyard - you
should verify this before going this route.

DO NOT LET THEM FUCK YOU - They DO NOT USE
LUBRICANT!!!
Sorry, but I really hate insurance companies - they
are slimier than lawyers.   I mean, I REALLY hate
them... a lot... really...

> At 11:48 PM 5/3/99 -0700, Norman Tallant wrote:
> >Well, the enemy insurance co has given me their
> verdict:
> >
> >The guy that hit me has changed his story again,
> and this time is wasn't
> >his fault but with different circumstances.
> Anyways, I'm sure that
> >those bad guys didn't work him like my insurance
> lady did.
> >
> >They've offered me what they call 50% of it's
> value, which is US $1700
> >and change.  Plus my car.  Sounds kind of fucked to
> me, but if I can
> >sell it's remains then it won't be too bad.  Here's
> the original ad for
> >my car:
> >
> >1987 Scirocco 16V 90K miles, sunroof, AC blows
> cold, Silver exterior,
> >Black interior no rips looks showroom, Kenwood CD
> player, alarm.
> >Modifications done include: Ottinger Cam, A3 Tranny
> (68MPH in 2nd,
> >100MPH in 3rd, lowered 1.5” with Bilsteins. This
> car is fast....and
> >handles great. I have surprised quite a few
> Porsches, and VR6s.  Recent
> >work done includes: Timing belt, Timing belt
> tensioner, all motor mounts
> >and tranny mounts, starter, battery, Spark plugs
> and wires, front and
> >rear brakes.
> >
> >It's now got about 105K miles, and it doesn't have
> Bilsteins.  The
> >drivers side fender and door are dented up, that's
> the good news...the
> >front drivers side tire is pulled back maybe an
> inch and tilted at a
> >wrong angle.  Other than that, the car is in darn
> good condition and
> >drives very fast indeed.  I live in an apartment
> complex, so I can't
> >store it and part it out.  I live in Fremont,
> CA...and that's where the
> >car is too.
> >
> >Any takers for BO?
> >
> >All the best,
> >-Norm
> >
> >--
> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl