Re: i feel so horrible...

At 02:42 PM 5/1/99 , Riley McDowall wrote:
>At 8:41 am -0700 1/5/99, Peter Walsh wrote:
>>I had something similar to this happen to me (well, not exactly) I slid into
>>a curb (when it was snowing) and bent the A arm, it also bent the Axel
>>(yours is prob. bent) So, I replaced the A-Arm, Axel, and needed an
>>allignment. It is fine now.

I smacked a curb with the driver's front wheel about a week after I got my
Scirocco.  I pushed the wheel about an inch back in the wheel well, but the
car still tracked perfectly; so I had the alignment checked and everything
was okay (except caster, of course, which isn't adjustable anyways).

PS, it's 2 years later, and I just put a new control arm on so I can get
clearance for my 15s.  WRONG.  The control arm wasn't bent, it's the frame.
 Yikes.

Oh well, I'll deal with the rubbing for now, and then when I can't stand it
anymore, and find a shop I can trust, I'll have that fixed.

So, the answer is: No, the frame in that area is NOT strong... YMMV of
course.

Jason