Re: i feel so horrible...

Dude, it seems that this is pretty common unfortunately.. when i was 16 I
understeered my rocco into a curb,bent the a-arm real bad and bent the
axle. I replaced the a-arm and my dad pressed the axle straight at his
work. i thought everything was fine, but next time I got an alignment they
said the right wheel (the one I smashed) had like 2 or 3 extra degrees of
caster. (non-adjustable) and the lower subframes wont fit either in between
the front mounting points... So my frame is tweaked.. I'm gonna take it to
a frame shop and get it straightened. It's only been 5 years. heheh

At 08:41 AM 5/1/99 PDT, you wrote:
>I had something similar to this happen to me (well, not exactly) I slid into
>a curb (when it was snowing) and bent the A arm, it also bent the Axel
>(yours is prob. bent) So, I replaced the A-Arm, Axel, and needed an
>allignment. It is fine now.
>
>Pete
>

>>  Its just over my second week driving my 85 wolfie and a stupid possum
>>runs in the road. So the nice guy i am, trys not to hit him. Bad idea,
>>where i live the white line on the side of the road is 6 inches from
>>dirt and a ditch, not to mention trees. The car turned 90 degrees and
>>punched in my front fender and drivers side door. not bad, but it also
>>pushed my A-arm back until the tire rubs against my fender.
>>  Well I was wondering if anyone knew how strong the frame is where the
>>A-arm attaches. The A-arm is pretty bent itself but the frame doesnt
>>look to outa place.
>>
>>well enuff chatter.
>>byebye
>>~cory