[Non-Rocco]Could of had a V8?

I could use some info from the mod happy, gotta get more power folk on
the list.  I've had this annoying little idea in the back of my head for
a few years now.  I want a Porsche 914 with a Chevy V8 conversion.  I've
not driven one yet, but it just seems like it would be big fun.  Super
fast, small tight frame, not real flashy.  I've looked into it before
and my understanding is that handling isn't too compromised because of
the addition of the radiator up front to balance the additional weight
and the fact that almost everything is in-between the axles.  Anyone
have any experience with these?  Are these a nightmare to own or are
they truly as fun as they seem they could be?  I may be looking at a
completed one today, so any info would help.  I don't know, maybe I just
need to limit the amount of sugar in my diet.

-Brad