Re: [Non-Rocco]Could of had a V8?

Brad Sterling wrote:

> I could use some info from the mod happy, gotta get more power folk on
> the list.  I've had this annoying little idea in the back of my head for
> a few years now.  I want a Porsche 914 with a Chevy V8 conversion.
<snip>

> -Brad

I can tell you that anything done well is not a bad thing.

In that vein I found a web page once that detailed a later water cooled
engine graft into a 4 wheel drive VW van.

The point is that to do it required a conversion bell housing and while
I don't know the company, somewhere out there is a going concern that
makes the in-between mounting bracketry to machete all kinds of things.

Go for it. Afte all- the 914 is mostly VW anyway, and this list proves
that while Porsche is still Porsche and Audi is related, a VW is more
than an econo-box.

TBerk
Under the influence and not driving.