Re: hard starting

Dave,
	Mine had 28,000 miles on it and had the same problem.  Spent 3 weeks in
the shop, and they couldn't find the problem.  Mine cranked for 2-5 MINUTES
before it would start, every time the engine was cold, but would then start
and run fine, as if nothing had ever happened.
	I took someone's advice and put a thick ground strap from the (-) battery
terminal to the bolt that holds the ignition coil to the firewall.  2 years
later, and it never takes more than 2 seconds of cranking to start the car;
usually it's under a second.
	DanMay:  If your car starts okay when it's warm, but NOT when it's cold,
chances are it's not the accumulator.  AFAIK the purpose of the accumulator
is to keep pressure in the fuel system to prevent vapor lock.  But vapor
lock won't occur overnight-- it'll happen when the engine and fuel lines
are still hot...  did you try the grounding trick?

Jason
87 16v