From: Majordomo [mailto:majord@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of POTATO!
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 1999 8:19 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: hard starting

a 88 16v i just bought has a hard time turning over.....when i turn the
key it cranks fine (lot nicer than my 87 actually)...but it doesnt want to
seem to catch......this only happens when the car is cold.....once it has
been on, you can turn it off and it'll turn right back over, like it
should....any suggestions?....

this car has had the fuel pump, gas tank, fuel distributor replaced in the
past year or less.......does it sound like a spark problem?...(i havent
pulled any plugs yet).......it runs fine once it starts........the car
only has 82k miles on it.....

thanks
dave :)