Motronic Idle Problems

Ok I really need some help on this one. I have motronic engine
management from a '93 passat on my rocco. I have a problem with the idle
going up and down from 900-1100 rpms. I've test just about everything,
cleaned all my connectors, and set timing and mixture. I am in need of
two knock sensors. I'm waiting to get paid to replace them, one is
cracked and loose, the other has a frayed wire. I've been running
chevron 92 octane and have not heard any pinging. I plan to take care of
this problem asap. Does anyone know if this is causing my idle problem,
I've had several people tell me this wasn't possible but I'm wondering..
Thanks..

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.