Re: Great "Blackening" Stuff Found!

Well, I don't know if it is me you are referring to or not, but I found
some stuff called molecu-bond... it's a type of vinyl dye that's like
paint... it comes in an aerosol can, and you spray it on... I've done
several pieces of my interior with it... several before and after pics are
up on my website...

http://news.vertexcomm.com/~das/

At 11:50 PM 3/25/99 -0500, Sean Martin wrote:

>Christopher Mende wrote:
>
>> Well, at the dealer, I find this stuff called "Forever Black" and decide
>> to give it a try. It comes with a bottle of cleaner, and an applicator
>> that doesn't look unlike something you'd find shoe polish in.
>>
>> I've tried Mother's and Black Chrome in the past, each of which lasts a
>> couple weeks at most before fading out. This stuff actually dyes the
>> plastic, and doesn't rub off with a cloth or car wash. (Make sure to tape
>> off the paint on crucial/tricky areas.)
>
>Someone on the list had talked about painting his bumpers and other trim
>pieces.  Some sort of vinly paint if I recall.  I was thinking of doing this
>myself this summer.  Just take off the bumpers and all for a day of cleaning
>and painting.
>
>I can't remember who it was that was talking about it.  If you are out there
>please speak up, and fill us in.
>

>Sean Martin
>87 8V
>

>--