Re: Great "Blackening" Stuff Found!

Christopher Mende wrote:

> Well, at the dealer, I find this stuff called "Forever Black" and decide
> to give it a try. It comes with a bottle of cleaner, and an applicator
> that doesn't look unlike something you'd find shoe polish in.
>
> I've tried Mother's and Black Chrome in the past, each of which lasts a
> couple weeks at most before fading out. This stuff actually dyes the
> plastic, and doesn't rub off with a cloth or car wash. (Make sure to tape
> off the paint on crucial/tricky areas.)

Someone on the list had talked about painting his bumpers and other trim
pieces.  Some sort of vinly paint if I recall.  I was thinking of doing this
myself this summer.  Just take off the bumpers and all for a day of cleaning
and painting.

I can't remember who it was that was talking about it.  If you are out there
please speak up, and fill us in.

Sean Martin
87 8V