Re: 87 16 V scirocco for sale

At 11:54 am -0700 24/3/99, PUSHKAR OGALE wrote:
>5) The car exhibits what some on the list have called a knock sensor problem.
>The car runs sluggish upto 1500-2000 rpm as the timing is probably too retard.
>this only happens occasionally( according to my observations only when engine
>is too hot and throttle is wide open and is quick fixed by stopping and
>restarting the engine.

Hey Pushkar, what you might want to do (and it's super easy) is get some
electrical contact cleaner and spray it into each side of the knock sensor
harness' connector.  It's right around the oil filter housing.  I had the
exact same problem as you (timing retards, can be fixed by turning the car
off and restarting), and fixed it by cleaning that one connection in the
knock sensor harness.  If it fixes yours too, it should add quite a bit of
value to the car!