Re: reliable family car (non rocco)

---noodle noggin <scirocco82@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, Please excuse the non rocco post but I need a family kinda car. I
> was wondering how reliable the quantums, or  mid '80s audi 5000 were. I
> kinda like 'em and see 'em around for pretty cheap. My wife wrecked her
> Taurus this winter, and I want her to get a VW. I don't like payments.
> Give me some fuel to talk her into it!!! That is all.
> thanks, dave gray

Hey Dave, how much are you looking to spend?  A Passat would make a nice
family vehicle, earliest available would be a 90.  Probably only run
about $3,000.  2L 16v engine woudl be useful as a transplant/rebuild when
you're done with it too! :)

As far as Audis go, I always had the perception that maintenance was no
more frequent then with a VW, but could be a bit more expensive.

==Brett