Re: Rear Disk Conversion?

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Let me re-iterate.  I am gonna start working on my 81 Scirocco very soon.
> I plan on upgrading the front brakes to the 16V ones and as well, I wish to
> attempt a rear disk conversion.
>
> Firstly, what do I need for the front brakes for the upgrade?  Do I need
> the entire shebang.  Secondly, what do I need in the rear.  I am unclear as
> to whether or not I need the entire rear axle.  I was told that I don't.
> So what's up with that.  Can someone clarify this for moi.  Merci beaucoup.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Sal
>
> BTW, I will also use the master cylinder.  Am I missing any other valuable
> components?

I don't know it all but I remember to get a larger master cylinder ( you
got that), the rear brake lines won't exactly fit up and need some
bending/ retrofitting, there needs to be a proportioning valve somewhere
in the system to balance the  front to rear bias.

It's easy to snatch the rear axle as a whole  but it's not necessary.

That's my half cents worth,
TBerk