Re: Big Valve head on a 1.7L?

Instead of welding the head, you can try to track down a small
freeze plug that will fit. That's what I'm going to end up doing. I don't
know if you read my earlier post about the exhaust manifold studs
breaking off in my 1.7L while drving.  I'm going to go ahead and put
the 1.8L head on since I'd end up removing the head anyways in
order to do it right.