5cyl engine transplant, was RE: Scirocco look alike

Since everyone seems to be talking about audi GTs, has there ever been
an audi 5cyl engine put in a Scirocco?  I used to have a Passat GL5 with
the 5cyl 2.0i engine and it had to be the peachiest sounding engine out
( at least in the VAG stable! ).  For a stock engine the torque was
excellent.   I can imaging it would be a tight squeeze getting the
engine under the bonnet, never mind the transmission & engine mounting
problems going from transverse to longitudinal mount.

Ewan Hopkins.

majordomo@scirocco.org.