Re: Fog light question

In a message dated 3/20/99 10:28:02, tudor@tvo.org writes:

<<I also picked up a 16-valve foglight switch to keep things looking

OEM in the interior.  The foglight switch is a three position (first

position bring OFF), and I don't know why.  Does this have something

to do with when the foglights come on?

Please explain ... I want to wire this up as stock as possible.

I also have this switch in my 82. Here is what it does:
when instaled-left side depressed is off (obviously)
center position is pos to the fog light relay (if you dont use the relay this
switch WILL fry)
right side depressed is pos out to the rear fogs.
I have a seperate rear fog so I'm not sure how to wire up the ones in the tail
light assembly to work with this switch. I heard that in Corrados you need to
cut one of the wires on the back of the headlight switch and rout it to the
back of the fog switch, it could posibly be similar for our cars (if anyone
knows post it!). I use the middle position on the switch for the rear fog
because I dont use the fronts as often. Oh yea, it might be a good idea to get
the pos input to the switch from a source that is only on when the car is
running.
HTH
Nate

Thanks,