Fog light question

Hi guys,

For those of you with OEM foglights ... how does the Scirocco
foglight switch work?  I finally bought foglights for my 8-valve, and
I also picked up a 16-valve foglight switch to keep things looking
OEM in the interior.  The foglight switch is a three position (first
position bring OFF), and I don't know why.  Does this have something
to do with when the foglights come on?

Please explain ... I want to wire this up as stock as possible.

Thanks,
-- Michael Helms

'86 Scirocco - the daily driver

Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you
can better serve your country by living somewhere else."  - Dr.
Stompin' Tom Connors