Re: Tranny oil Q

>Well I am home on break doing some work on the rocco.  New Moble One oil.  I
>rigged up a weighted shift rod for the shifter. WD-40 to fix the A/C high Idle
>(it worked by the way) all with the help of the list so thanks everyone.  But
>I went to check the tranny oil and there is this big ass hex bolt to be
>removed, I have checked around but can't seem to find one.  I don't want to
>drive to VW to get the tool cause its kind of far.  So, does anybody have any
>ideas where to get it, or how to make my own.?  I checked around dads garage
>but could not find anything to use.  Also, I can't find this Redline MTL
>Tranny
>oil anywhere.  Does anyone know what stores sell it?  I did find Valvoline
>gear oil though, is this stuff good?  Thanks everyone.
>
>Brian 86 16v

As you've already heard, use a lug bolt with a couple of nuts locked
together, attach a wrench and go to town.  Redline MTL can be had at
all the finer Scirocco list endorsed venders, notably off the top
of my head (what a suprise!)  Mike at Virtual World (www.parts4vws.com)
and Mark at Adirondak (www.germanautoparts.com).  No, I'm not making
fun of you, it's just that these guys are our go-to people for
pretty much everything. :)  Get the Redline, it makes a difference.

==Brett