Re: Tranny oil Q

Hey there,
     I think I have the solution to your hex bolt problem.  I believe
that the hex size is about 17mm, so, what you need to do is find a
bolt with a 17mm head on it (like a typical VW wheel stud), weld on a
nut that corresponds to the thread pattern of the bolt you use to the
other end, and then use that end to wrench out the hex bolt.  I had to
do this with my old 87 Fox wagon (it leaked a liter of geal oil a
week... smelly car), unfortunately if you don't have a welder you're
SOL.  Maybe someone else on the list has a better idea?

                                 Steve

---CAPTIANBR@aol.com wrote:

> Well I am home on break doing some work on the rocco.  New Moble One
oil.  I
> rigged up a weighted shift rod for the shifter. WD-40 to fix the A/C
high Idle
> (it worked by the way) all with the help of the list so thanks
everyone.  But
> I went to check the tranny oil and there is this big ass hex bolt to
be
> removed, I have checked around but can't seem to find one.  I don't
want to
> drive to VW to get the tool cause its kind of far.  So, does anybody
have any
> ideas where to get it, or how to make my own.?  I checked around
dads garage
> but could not find anything to use.  Also, I can't find this Redline
MTL
> Tranny
> oil anywhere.  Does anyone know what stores sell it?  I did find
Valvoline