[tech][help]changing the inst cluster

hey all, got a question for ya.

	i swapped my 16V and all related parts from my rocco into my a1 jetta
last year sometime.  i am currently using the 16V rocco instrument
cluster, but i want to swap in an 83 GTI instrument cluster in its
place.  any idea what is involved?  i realize that i'll lose the MFA,
but that cluster looks _so_ good to me.  i figger that i'll have to
replace the tach and speedo cables, but what i want to know is will
everything else just plug right in?  thanks.

jason
the mad bastard