Re: Seat adjustment?

 From: David LeDeaux <dask@lcc.net>
Sent: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:12:33 -0600
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Seat adjustment?

I just put some Scirocco 2 seats in my Mk1.  They went in pretty easy, no
problems.  There is one thing that's kinda bugging me though.  I'll see if
I can explain it clearly... it's like they're a little loose in the track.
If you push them back, they kinda tip a little... not much, but there is a
little bit of movement.  Has anyone else run into this?  Is it fixable?  If
not, is it bad?

Any help is appreciated

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco

David,

Your problem is because the seats from the MK1 and MK2 are slightly different. The seat is held in position in the front by a rod that is attached to the handle to let the seat move back and forward. The space between this rod and the top of the track changed in the MK2. It got larger. So normally there would be no up and down movement at this point but with the extra space... I have the similar problem because my floorboards were rusted out (PO left the window open for years) and the body shop could only find a floor from a MK2. When they went to put the seats in they would not fit. They ended up grinding down the metal above the rod point so the seats would fit. Needless to say they grinded a little too much so I have the same wobble. Kinda gets annoying, don't it? I bought this nylon glider stuff used in woodworking. It is real slick and am going to build up the track to lessen the gap.

HTH

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4